No two cooks cook the same dish the same way, and therefore, recipes are a lot like a road map: it takes you from one place to another, but there may be many different ways to reach your destination. We hope you enjoy our road maps and make new memories creating your own. May Your Next Meal Be Better Than Your Last!
These are sample dishes we have made with Buffalo South Sauce, demonstrating the versatility it provides, either as a stand alone application, or as an enhancement with other ingredients. Try, adjust, and by all means, enjoy!!
This is why Buffalo South Sauce was Created!!!
- Deep fry naked wings at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil, in bowl, cover and toss wings with Buffalo South Sauce.
- Serve with celery and bleu cheese or ranch dressing for dipping.
· Pretend you are in western New York, and serve with your favorite pizza.
A breakfast treat that includes many different flavors, textures, and sensory delights. Build it as you like, and enjoy!!!
- Your choice of toasted bread, muffin, biscuit, or bagel
- Meat: Bacon, sausage, ham, Canadian Bacon, turkey.
- Cheese: Whatever floats your boat.
- Traditions...Peanut Butter and Apple Butter, jelly, or jam.
- Prepare eggs to preference: poached, sunny-side up, over easy, etc.
- Buffalo South Sauce: Drizzle to taste over ingredients as you assemble!!!
What a great campsite, poolside, or tailgate combo!!! Throw along your other favorite sides and oh yes!!!
Buffalo South Brats
-In a pot, combine your favorite full flavored beer, drained kraut (some juice if you like), sliced onions, and a glob of minced garlic.
-Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a pop boil and simmer.
-Meanwhile, lightly baste brats with Buffalo South Sauce, and brown on griddle/grill over low heat. Do Not Break Skins!!!
-Add brats to pot, puncture skins, and simmer for 20 minutes or more.
-Remove brats, lightly baste with Buffalo South Sauce, sear on griddle/grill.
-Serve on bun with some mustard, kraut/onion mix, and a drizzle of Buffalo South Sauce.
Buffalo South Roasted Corn
- Shuck and clean fresh corn on the cob
- Par boil, or microwave for a couple of minutes
- Brush with butter
- Brush with Buffalo South Sauce
- Grill over direct heat, turning often, or use rotisserie basket
A True Southern Classic, with a Twist!!!
- Prepare Angel Hair pasta, or grits.
- In butter and garlic, sautee the trinity along thinly sliced andouille sausage.
- In sauce pan, combine whipping cream, compound butter, and Buffalo South Sauce.
- Heat to just short of a boil, stirring often, reduce heat to simmer.
- Add deveined shrimp tails.
- Simmer until shrimp are cooked, add sautéed trinity and andouille.
- Serve sauce over pasta (or grits), garnish with dusting of grated Romano cheese and chopped green onions.
Lots of Flavor Levels are Found in this Dish!!
- Pork loin, trimmed, and fileted until flat.
- Apply liberal coating of Buffalo South Sauce.
- Spread softened cream cheese on pork.
- Remove casings from 3-4 links of Billy’s Boudin, and spread over loin.
- Squeeze water from two packages of chopped spinach, and spread over loin.
- Roll loin, and tie with string, apply liberal coating of Buffalo South Sauce.
- Wrap rolled loin in bacon.
- Smoke on indirect heat, 220 degrees until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, approximately 3.5 hours. Recommend apple or cherry wood for smoke.
Slap the Pork on a Bun, Add a Couple of Sides, and "PIG OUT!"
- Make injection marinade: apple juice, your favorite B-B-Q sauce, or we prefer Steens and Buffalo South Sauce
- Inject bone-in Boston butt roast.
- Smoke (apple or hickory) at 220 degrees until internal temperature reaches 200 degrees, baste occasionally with any remaining marinade.
Ain't Y'alls Ordinary Catfish, or any Other Fish of Choice!!!
- Marinate filets in combination of Buffalo South Sauce and milk.
- Dredge filets in your favorite dry fish fry.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees
- Grill/broil filets, baste with Buffalo South Sauce as fish cooks.
-Air fry for a quick meal
It's a Snack...It's a Side...It's DELICIOUS!!!
- Dip pickle slices, cauliflower, green tomatoes, potatoes, or any veggie of your choice in Buffalo South Sauce.
- Dredge in crushed tortilla chips, Panko, or your breading of choice.
- Deep fry or air fry.
Veggie flavors with some spicy crunch!
The Bourbon Combined with the Buffalo South Sauce Really Accents the Flavor of These Ribs!
Prepare ribs, either Baby Back or Country.
- Basting sauce: Buffalo South Sauce, bourbon, favorite B-B-Q sauce.
- Grill or smoke to choice, continue basting ribs as needed.
Yup, One of Those Enhancements that Just Goes with Anything!
- Combine cream cheese, bleu cheese, mayo, Greek yogurt, sweet pickle relish, lemon juice, and Buffalo South Sauce.
- Serve warm or cold over crab cakes, fried fish, dipping for crawfish or shrimp.
Wow, Just Plain Wow...It's That Good!
- 3-4 lbs meat of choice [beef, pork, fowl, wild game, seafood] (I used 3# gator and 1# andouille).
- ¾ cup each of flour and oil for roux, additional flour for dredge.
- Trinity, 3-2-2 cups each.
- 1/3 cup minced garlic.
- 1- 28 oz. can crushed tomato.
- 1-15 oz. can diced tomato.
- 1-6 oz. can paste.
- 7 cups of appropriate broth (paired with meat).
- ¾ - 1 cup Buffalo South Sauce (Ain’t Y’alls Ordinary Wing Sauce)to taste.
Put It Together
- Dredge meat in flour and brown (if appropriate), set aside.
- Make Dark Brown roux.
- Wilt Trinity and Garlic in pan used to brown meat.
- Combine all ingredients in large pot, simmer at slightest pop boil.
- Simmer about 2.5 hours, until all flavors are well blended, and meat is fall apart tender occasional stir to prevent bottom sticking (get to sample for taste as well)
- Delicate meat (seafood) only added at end of cooking process (will lessen total simmer time).
- Adjust broth to maintain consistency.
- Adjust with other seasonings of desired.
- Serve over rice, grits, pasta...your choice
- Side with tossed salad, veggie, some garlic bread, and beverage of choice.
Hide a Few for Yourself, These Have a History of Disappearing Quickly!!
- Boil eggs to desired level of hardness, cool, and peel.
- Place in a plastic bag, add Buffalo South Sauce.
- Toss to nicely coat eggs, let marinate approximately one hour (save excess).
- Smoke (wood of choice) approximately 1 hour at 200 degrees.
- Mix yolks to make your favorite stuffing.
- Brush remaining Buffalo South Sauce in each egg half, fill with yolk mixture.
- Garnish with paprika, parsley and slice of jalapeno.
Chili is a great comfort food for those cool fall tailgates, COLD winter days by the fireplace, or HOT summer days as well (just crank the AC up and ice down the beverages)!!!
Ingredients: (Adjust amounts as you please)
- Ground beef, or pork/sausage/venison/turkey or shredded chicken.
- Broth/stock paired to meat.
- Dark red kidney beans (drained).
-Whole tomato with juice, chopped into chunks, don't skimp!!!
-Trinity, heavier on the onion than the rest.
- Chopped jalapeno and cayenne peppers (everything except the stem goes in the pot).
-Chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic, and some Liquide Smoke if you please.
-Buffalo South Sauce
-Brown and drain meat, leaving it with large chunks (we're not making hot dog sauce here, LOL).
-Add all other ingredients, simmer (a few hours) to blend flavors, adjust seasoning to taste. This dish should have a very liquid consistency.
-Straight in a bowl is fantastic, topped with some shredded sharp cheddar and diced onion
-Many like it over rice, pasta, or chips. It's your choice!
A friend of ours made these for he and his wife, but after tasting the first one, he remembered his wife really didn't like frog legs!!!
-Frog legs cleaned and ready to cook.
-Prep some trinity, finely chopped.
-Sautee everything in combo of Buffalo South Sauce, butter, garlic, and some water or wine.
-Reduce the liquid until a thick sauce is created, adjust sauce with liquid or corn starch as needed for desire consistency.
-Serve over a bed of angel hair pasta.
This recipe is simple and freezes well for those nights you need something quick for supper.
Ingredients: (Adjust amounts as you please)
- 1-2 Firm purple eggplants, peeled, slice > 1/2
-Enough breadcrumbs to coat the eggplant slices.
-1 cup milk.
-Favorite Tomato Sauce (large jar)
-16oz (or more) shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
-Buffalo South Sauce
Optional Items to Taste: Italian Sausage, Mushrooms, Spinach.
-Slice eggplants and soak them in egg/milk mixture.
-Coat the eggplants with breadcrumbs.
-Repeat this process with any many layers as you wish.
-Cover with tomato sauce and top with cheese.
-Bake at 350 degrees until done and cheese has a nice golden look.
-Top with Buffalo South Sauce for added flavor.
If you need some carbs., this should meet your needs!!!
-Make a creamy mac and cheese.
-Sautee shrimp and andouille in butter/garlic/Buffalo South Sauce.
-Carve a bowl in a large baked potato.
-Mash pulp with minced green onion, shredded cheddar, and sour cream.
-Stuff potato with potato mix, mac and cheese and broil until browned.
-Dress with shrimp and andouille.
-Drizzle with Buffalo South Sauce.